Effective Altruism NZ Retreat 2019
The Effective Altruism NZ Retreat gathers EAs from around the country. The aim is to learn, have fun, work on projects to improve the world, and support each other with our plans for the future.
WHO: The retreat is designed for people who are familiar with effective altruism, and are dedicated to improving the world using evidence and analysis, whether by donating, volunteering, or through their career.
WHERE: Camp Wainui, Wainuiomata, about 40 min from Wellington. We will organise transport from the airport and city.
– Discuss the aspects of EA that most interest us
– Workshops on advanced EA concepts
– EA related presentations and group activities
– Get to know each other while walking in the bush, or by the ocean.
– Career planning workshop (for those who have careers to plan!)
– Games and movies?
– Work on projects related to EA New Zealand, such as media outreach, EA donation swap, planning policy submissions, fundraising for charities
– Cook and Eat
– Suggestions welcome
The hope is by connecting a bunch of EAs together, we can do more good for the world. This could be improving donation choices, supporting people in effective careers, working on or starting projects together, or just provide a community so we enjoy being altruistic, and therefore stick at it for longer!
Probably about $150 per person for the whole retreat for accommodation and food, a little less if you can come for a smaller amount of time. Exact costs will be updated when we know numbers.
APPLY/EXPRESS YOUR INTEREST HERE:
There are restricted numbers available for the retreat, so we may not be able to accomodate everyone who wants to come. Please apply and we will get back to you to let you know whether you are accepted, or if we would like more information from you.
Please fill in the form even if you aren’t 100% sure you can come, and even if you need funding to be able to come.
If you have any questions email Catherine on [email protected], or call/text her on 021 212 9849.